Monday, June 17, 2013

Weigh In and Measure

June 17, 2013
Sorry I missed posting on Friday, I didn't get to the gym because I had an Oncology appointment at Gatineau Cancer Center. My husband was kind enough to drive me as my car had been in the garage.
It turned into a busy day. The Oncologist went to a conference in Chicago and they had discussed Tamoxifen and the length of time a women should take it that is estrogen and progesterone positive and they all felt that 10 years was the magic number, this is what my Oncologist had originally said so I guess I will have to continue to learn to live with the effects of this. I am hoping that the Journey at Florida Fitness will certainly help with my painful arthritic joints. So other than that there was nothing else for the Oncologist to do for me, she did suggest a mammogram, but quickly felt it wasn't necessary once she realized I had a left mastectomy last September. See she left for maternity leave a year ago and didn't set me up with another Oncologist so my file was a bit behind. 
After the appt we had to go to Ottawa and clear some goods at customs and then went to the outdoor show at Scotia Bank Place looking at park model homes. Then came home and decided to go to a movie. sigh I was very tired.
Now on to today's measure and weigh in, I don't have the exact number, I remember some of them, I had lost 4 more pounds, so down to 180.5, i had also lost another 2& of body fat and gained more in muscle. Ken was very pleased with this weigh in and we will keep things as they are for 1 more month then we will add some weights. Hopefully I will have the paper tomorrow and I will update my stats.
Today's Quote; Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz

No comments:

Post a Comment