Monday, June 24, 2013

Its a holiday in Quebec

June 24, 2013
The gym is closed today for St Jean Babtiste day. I thought I would try to go yesterday but got there at 8:30am and it was closed, I guess I better check and see what the hours are for weekends. So I walked the dog 3xs before I took him home and then hubby and I went for a walk at 4:30 to check out the festivities for the holiday, lots of rides for the kiddies and some art work on display. It has rained everyday since thursday and last night was no exception, we had sever thunderstorms with torrential down pours. They even let the fireworks off an hour early, we now this because we are about 10 houses from the park, last night I actually laid in bed and watched then from my window. So this morning I figured I had better get out early for a walk so off I went for an hour, music playing in my ear, sweating to the oldies. LOL At least I got it in before the heat and humidity hits. Today I am going to work on a painting for the golf tournament. I hope it turns out.
I bought myself a nice bunch of pink carnations yesterday for my anniversary. See below.
Aren't they pretty, I sure do deserve these, I am still fighting the fight and going strong.
Here is the info on overcoming self limiting behavior.


Overcoming self – limiting behavior
Overcoming our self-limiting behavior takes a great deal of self-motivation, self-determination and often support from our personal and professional networks. Sticking to a plan is often best achieved if others are enlisted or alternatively using a “buddy” systems has proven to be very successful, for example teaming two people up to act as supports for each other. Groups are best kept tp five or under as groups over five are often less productive in reaching desired goals.
Keep in mind that modifying behaviour is a process of self- awareness, understanding, acceptance, modification and review. There is no place for blame and guilt which simply serve to limit our behavior.
Below is a list of suggestions to help overcoming self-limiting behavior.

  •   Avoid shopping when your hungry
  •  Let other family members be responsible for buying foods that do not promote health
  •  Get up and do something during TV commercials times when food is predominately advertised
  •  Shop from a list and stick to it
  •  Carry healthy snacks with you in your purse, desk drawer and car
  •  Select healthy types of restaurant food, knowing what to eat before you go out 
  •  Get family members and friends involved, for example encourage them to take incidental exercise
  •  Have clear rewards and be clear when rewards should be given
  • Use pin-boards with notes as reminders of what your goals are
  • Make healthy foods convenient to consume and unhealthy choices difficult

How do you overcome obstacles?
Do you allow others to help you over come self limiting behavior?
Today's Quote:
Love this quote, I choose to leave the excess weight and cancer behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment