Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Results

June 6, 2013
Five years ago on this date I received the results from my biopsy. A call I will never forget, 4 pm on a Friday afternoon, the Dr called to say that yes it was positive as she thought, I had DCIS, but she was pretty sure it had traveled to the lobe and beyond, the full biopsy report would tell the tale on June 23. It did Grade 3 lobular carcinoma in situ and 11 of 16 lymph nodes were also involved under my arm. The journey had begun. It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, but hey here I am 5 years on and working harder than ever to get my life back on track.
Thank you to Florida Fitness for helping me make it happen.
I did 30 minutes today at the gym as I am heading out of town to visit my Mom for a few days. I did some extra time on Sunday to make up for tomorrow and the short day today. So I will be back on Monday.
Have you been in the fight of your life for your life?
How did you handle it?
Today's quote:

No comments:

Post a Comment