Tuesday, June 25, 2013

There is peace in Quebec once again

June 26, 2013
Well hopefully we get some proper sleep tonight. Now I like fireworks as much as the rest of people, but 4 damn nights in a row is a bit much. At 11:30 no less, I think they have forgotten that a large majority of people living here work in Ontario, where they celebrate Canada day in stead of Jean Babtiste, Quebec refuses to celebrate Canada Day. And Canada Day has fireworks once, not every night for 4 nights during thunderstorms, I mean if it had been a ball game they would have been smart enough to send the people home and call the game, not over here, the show went on, during the worst storms we have had this year, I fail to see the logic, except the Quebec government must need the money. May I also point out that we live 2 streets from the park in Aylmer I could lay in bed and watch them from the window. Enough on that subject, I could go on for a few more paragraphs.
I did get to the gym this morning for an hour and then enjoyed a morning of painting with a friend. I have two more paintings almost done, I plan on working on them Thursday, its so nice to paint with someone else, I always seem to learn something new.
I also started physio today, I have a nice young therapist, she was great today, part of the problem with my shoulder, besides having extensive radiation, is that when I had my first mastectomy I tended to round my shoulders in protection of my chest, I did this for probably 2-3 years my daughter use to point it out to me and tell me to stop doing it she knew I had a mastectomy and it didn't matter to her that I wasn't wearing my  my prosthetic. So I became very aware that I was doing it and tried to correct it. Then when I had the other breast removed last September I started to do it again and I tried even harder to make sure I wasn't rolling my shoulder's forward. Now it is going to take a while to get my shoulder to settle down and hopefully be stronger and less painful. Well worth a try.
How are you going to celebrate Canada Day?
Today's Quote:
I feel stronger already.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment