Wednesday, June 5, 2013

More memories

June 05, 2013
Five years ago today I had a biopsy on my RT Breast, the tumor was so hard that when they went to take the sample the retraction gun slipped off and hit a blood vessel, what a mess, the nurses were just telling me they had to cut down on paper towels, well I broke the bank that day, the blood was spurting everywhere. After they quelled the rush of blood they had to make a second pass and then a third. 18 days later when I had a mastectomy I still had a bruise the size of a baseball on my breast.
So today I am thankful again for being able to once again go to the gym and exercise. I did my usual 1 hour on the elliptical machine.
I called to book time last night with my granddaughters this weekend but no parents were home so I had a chat with each of them. I asked Trinity what she wanted to do this summer when she came to visit, her first reply was just spend time with your Gramma, awww that melted my heart. Then she added, go to the beach, have picnics and go to the Star Wars exhibit.
I am hoping to take Keyra out for dinner for her birthday and possibly a sleep over at Aunt Linda's as I need to help her with a project while I am in town.
I am off to the Glebe centre today for my usual  volunteer day, I love spending time with seniors. On Sunday morning I will take my Mom and her best friend out for breakfast, they so enjoy getting out. Its kind of like a random act of kindness, we could all stand to something for a senior we know.
Looking forward to the weekend. 
Do you do volunteer work for your community?
If not would you like to, check your local YMCA or Seniors Outreach.
Today's Quote:

No comments:

Post a Comment