Thursday, June 27, 2013

Feeling a bit better today

June 27, 2013
I didn't blog yesterday, I felt terrible, I had a bad reaction to cornstarch, and it left me breathless, terrible sinus and with very little sleep the night before. So I didn't go to the gym yesterday, I did manage to do my volunteer day but came home feeling defeated.
So today I did go to the gym this morning and did 90 minutes, trying to make up for yesterday and last Monday, so I will try to do some extra again tomorrow. with the Canada day long weekend coming the gym will be closed on Monday again.

I thought I would touch on the topics from this week about limiting behavior.
Setting the environment to succeed
Setting up the correct environment can help you in making appropriate personal changes, easing the transition from self-limiting behavior to positive behavior.
  •  Eat only at one place in the house, definitely not in front of the TV, given the strong correlation between TV viewing and overweight and obesity.
  • Foster a positive culture around food by encouraging friends and family to sit together and talk during meals
  • Ask support groups to provide praise if the individual is going well and to make no comment when they are not
  • Think of some rewards that involve all the family when a goal is reached
  • Involve others in the individual's health plan and gain a community of positive support
  • Remove plates and empty into the bin immediately
  • Serve food onto each plate rather than having dishes on the table to limit the amount of food eaten during the meal
  • Spread food out onto the plate to give the impression of quantity
  • Eat slowly; it may help to set the cutlery down on the plate after each mouthful
  • Place inappropriate foods out of sight so they will be out of mind
  • Try to create a positive routine that is different from the old self-limiting one
  • Leave exercise gear out in full view
  • Avoid hunger, eat small regular meals, that way inappropriate choices are less likely to be made
  •  
Today's quote 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment